NORTH NOTTS CAMRA BRANCH CONSTITUTION
1. Name: The name shall be the "North Notts CAMRA Branch", hereinafter called ‘the Branch’.
2. Object: The object shall be to support the aims and objectives of the Campaign for Real Ale Limited (hereinafter called ‘CAMRA’) within the geographical area of the branch.
3. Regulations: The Branch shall observe the Regulations for Branches laid down from time to time by the Directors of CAMRA. Decisions of a general meeting of CAMRA or its Directors shall be binding on the Branch.
4. Membership: Any member of CAMRA living within the geographical area of the Branch is entitled to be, and any other member of CAMRA may apply to become, a member subject to the approval of the Branch Committee who may refuse membership without assigning any reason.
If any member of the Branch shall cease to be a member of CAMRA, his membership of the Branch shall automatically terminate.
5. Open Meetings: The Branch shall hold an open meeting at least once every two calendar months, this will be called the Branch Meeting. Any member of CAMRA shall be free to attend such open meetings and vote on any resolutions put forward at the meeting whether they are members of the Branch or not. No resolutions passed or approved at such a meeting shall be in any way binding on the Branch, Branch Committee or Branch officials.
6. Annual General Meetings: An Annual General Meeting shall be held once in every year and not more than fifteen months shall elapse between one Annual General Meeting and the next. Only members of the Branch and the Directors of CAMRA or their duly appointed representatives shall be entitled to vote at the Branch Annual Meeting. The business to be conducted at the Annual General Meeting shall include:
The approval of the Accounts of the Branch
The election of officials
Appointment of Auditors
At least 28 days notice of the Annual General Meeting shall be given to all members of the Branch and to the Directors of CAMRA, either by post or by a CAMRA publication, which in the ordinary course of events will give sufficient notice. A quorum for the Branch Annual General meeting shall be seven members present, unless otherwise previously approved by the Regional Director or the Directors of CAMRA.
7. Special General Meetings: A Special General Meeting of the Branch may be called only on the decision of the Branch Committee, on written request signed by 5 members of the Branch, by one tenth of the Branch membership (whichever is the greater), or by the Directors of CAMRA. At least 21 clear days notice of such a Special General Meeting shall be given to all members of the Branch and the Directors of CAMRA by post or by a CAMRA publication which in the ordinary course of events will give sufficient notice. Only persons entitled to vote at a Branch Annual Meeting shall be entitled to vote at a Special General Meeting.
8. Branch Committee: The Branch Committee shall consist of a Chairman, a Secretary, a Treasurer, a Membership Secretary (as required by CAMRA HQ) and the positions elected at the AGM, subject to such other guidelines for membership of the Committee as shall have been laid down by the Directors of CAMRA. The Committee members shall be elected at and hold office from one Annual General Meeting to the next, when they shall be eligible for re-election. Any member of CAMRA who is a member of the Branch may serve on the Committee provided that he is not already on the Committee of any other Branch of CAMRA.
The Branch Committee shall be empowered to fill any casual vacancy, by co-option from the Branch membership, which arises during the year. The Branch Committee shall undertake the general conduct of the affairs of the Branch.
In the event of the entire Branch Committee resigning the Directors of CAMRA will appoint such interim officers as may be necessary to manage the affairs of the Branch until a General Meeting of the Branch can be properly convened.
9. Committee Meetings: The Branch Committee shall meet not less than once in every three calendar months and the quorum for such a Committee meeting shall be not less than 4 members of the Branch Committee.
10. Elections: Nominations for the posts on the Branch committee shall be in writing to the Chairman at least 2 weeks before the AGM, signed by a proposer and seconder, both of whom shall be members of the Branch, and accompanied by evidence of the willingness of the nominee to stand. The names of all nominees for the posts on the Branch committee will be emailed out to the membership and also posted on the website. This does not stop a Branch member standing for a Branch committee position at the AGM.
A proxy vote can be accepted for the AGM but it must be from a Branch member, in writing or by email, to the Chairman prior to the AGM. The proxy vote must be for a Named Person who has been nominated for a post on the Branch Committee.
11. Finances: The financial year of the Branch shall commence on the first day of in each year. The assets of the Branch shall be under the control of the Committee and no payments shall be made out of the Branch monies except by authority of the Branch Committee. The Branch Committee shall ensure that the treasurer keeps proper books of Account and that all monies received are placed to the credit of an Account in the name of the Branch at such Bank as the Committee may from time to time select.
Branch funds of any UK Branch shall not be deposited or held in Bank or other Accounts (whether interest bearing or not) located outside of the United Kingdom. (E.g. not to be in IOM or Channel Island Bank Accounts.)
Branch funds of any UK Branch, if deposited in interest paying accounts, will be made only in institutions where UK tax is deducted at source.
All cheque and other orders relating to the Bank Account shall be signed by the Treasurer and one of two members of the Committee appointed by the Committee for that purpose.
All books relating to the finances of the Branch shall be produced to the Directors of CAMRA or their duly authorised representative on demand, on seven days clear notice to the Branch.
12. Audit: The Accounts of the Branch in each year shall be audited either by a professional auditor or by two members of CAMRA, neither of who shall be a member of any Branch Committee nor a Director of CAMRA.
The Accounts drawn up shall include combined Profit and Loss accounts and Balance Sheets indicating all monies held by the Branch or on behalf of the Branch relating to all activities including Beer Festivals and publications run by the Branch.
Two copies of the audited Accounts shall be lodged with CAMRA at its Registered Office and with the Regional Director in whose region the Branch is situated within one month of the date of the Annual General Meeting.
13. By-laws: Subject to the approval of the Regional Director the Branch Committee shall have power (unless and until overruled by the Branch in General Meeting) to adopt By-laws for the better furtherance of the objects of the Branch.
14. Winding Up: The Branch may be wound up at any time by the Directors of CAMRA or by a Special General Meeting called for that purpose, the business having been notified in the notice convening the same, and upon a resolution to that effect being passed by a majority of a least two thirds of those present and entitled to vote. Upon dissolution the assets shall be used firstly to pay off all proper liabilities of the Branch and any surplus thereafter shall be paid to CAMRA. If the Branch membership falls below 25 the Branch may be wound up.
15. Alteration to the Constitution: This Constitution may be altered only at an Annual General Meeting or Special General Meeting called for that purpose, with the specific alteration having been stipulated in the notice convening the same and subject to the approval of at least two thirds of those present and entitled to vote.
Before any such alteration shall become effective it shall be approved by the Directors of CAMRA or their duly authorised representative.
16. Notice: The accidental omission to give notice of any meeting to any person entitled to such a notice shall not invalidate any proceedings at the meeting.